English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing have to view web sites on cell gadgets, web sites must be adaptable to 1000’s of various display screen resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, professional net developer Joe Casabona teaches you how one can leverage WordPress to get essentially the most out of responsive design, implement greatest practices, automate essential processes, and make your life simpler total. You will begin with a refresher on the core performance of WordPress, then dive into growing responsive themes and plugins. Discover out what to contemplate on the outset of the design course of to save lots of hours of labor throughout redesigns. Be taught up-to-date greatest practices for figuring out breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping web site bloat for higher consumer expertise irrespective of the consumer’s connection pace. Lastly, you will apply the ideas you be taught to particular tutorials, equivalent to constructing a photograph gallery, map web page, and merchandise web page.
* Be taught when to depend on themes and when it is best to make use of plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Be taught varied navigation methods, equivalent to Soar to with
* clean scrolling or Choose field.
* Use fashionable responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely different display screen resolutions and connection speeds.
* Discover frameworks, together with Bootstrap and Basis.
* Obtain dozens of code samples to assist implement responsive design methods, and take a look at your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.